Beautiful Beginnings Midwifery Staff: Amanda
Amanda has been married for 16 years and they are the parents to 4 boys ranging from age 16 to age
7. Amanda experienced two hospital births and felt that while her babies were wonderful, the
hospital experience left a lot to be desired. In truth, she just wanted to be able to take her
baby homeright away. Her third child was a birth center delivery. The wonderful midwifery care that she
received made her realize how lucky midwives are to help so many other women experience this
joyous occasion. While she didn’t know it at the birth, these midwives were soon to become
colleagues. She became pregnant while she was a student midwife and became licensed just before
the birth of her fourth child in the privacy of her own home. All their deliveries were special, but
nothing was as AMAZING as their homebirth, especially with the love and support of her preceptors.
Amanda’s experience was truly a blessing. Amanda and Beautiful Beginnings Midwifery: Center for
Birth & Women’s Health wants women and their families to EXPERIENCE BIRTH!
Amanda’s passion is to give women options about where and how they birth. That is why she attends
home births while also operating a thriving birth center. She will also attend a hospital birth with a
client if it becomes medically necessary.
It is our responsibility as midwives to foster an environment that is physically and emotionally safe.
Childbirth is a natural and wonderful experience that should be private and comfortable. We work
with the woman’s body to deliver the baby in the most peaceful environment possible. As your
midwife, Amanda and Beautiful Beginnings will honor your choices, wishes, and desires to empower
you to take control of your childbirth experience.
Qualifications And Experience
- Certified Professional Midwife
- Licensed Midwife in Texas
- Graduate of ATM Midwifery Program
- CPR for the Healthcare Professional, AHA
- Neonatal Resuscitation, AHA/AAP
- Continuing education workshops
- North American Registry of Midwives
- Vice-President of North Texas Midwives 2010, 2011, 2012
- Member of Tarrant County Birth Network since 2011